A collision with a truck can change your life. When it comes to sharing the road with trucks, believe in the old saying that: the more you know, the further you’ll go. Educating yourself about the different types of trucks will give you the knowledge you need to report accurate details of an accident if it ever were to happen.

Common Trucks on the Road

1. Tractor Trailer/Big Rig/Semi-Truck

According to the American Trucking Associations, a tractor-trailer is a tractor and semitrailer combination. The tractor portion is the engine and cab where the driver sits. The semitrailer portion is the box part the tractor pulls. So basically, it’s just what its name says.


2. Tanker

Tankers are simply tractor-trailers with specialized cargo tanks to hold liquids. Some tankers carry liquids such as water or milk, while others carry more flammable and/or toxic liquids such as gasoline.


3. Box Truck/Straight Truck/Delivery Truck

Many box trucks have a cab with a long cargo box; making it easy to mistake a box truck for a tractor-trailer. The difference is the fact that a box truck is a single unit, meaning the cab and cargo are connected.


4. Industrial Truck

Industrial trucks can include cement trucks, dump trucks, garbage trucks, etc. industrial trucks usually constitute a single unit consisting of an engine, cab, and cargo-carrying body. They tend to be a lot heavier and carry less secure cargo.


Contact an Experienced Attorney

After an accident, your main priority should be your recovery, not your finances. Your truck accident lawyer will take over the legal aspects of the case and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. You certainly do not want to be left paying expensive medical bills out of pocket. After an accident, you might be owed compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more. Your attorney will review the facts of the case and will act on your behalf to protect your rights.

Call to speak with an attorney at the Pusch and Nguyen Law Firm for a free consultation. (713) 524-8139