Announcement: Firm Operations Continue Uninterrupted During the Coronavirus. Click here for more information

What You Need To Do If You Get Involved In A Car Accident While Travelling Out Of State

What You Need To Do If You Get Involved In A Car Accident While Travelling Out Of State

Holiday time called for a lot of holiday travel. There were more cars on the roads because the holidays are when people travel to see family or go on that well-earned vacation. With more people on the road, there was a greater risk of accidents and injuries.

The traffic laws in Texas may differ from those of other states, so once you crossed the Texas border into another state, you were officially obligated to abide by that state traffic laws.

Steps to Take After a Car Accident In Another State

If you did experience the unfortunate event of being involved in a car accident while traveling out of state, hopefully you remembered to still do three important things:

Call the Police

Whether you’re out of state or in Texas, the police should always be called after a car accident. If you choose to not call the police, then you risk the possibility of the other driver giving you the wrong information. Contacting the police after the crash saves you and your car accident lawyer a hard time because it provides proper contact and insurance information.

Immediately Seek Medical Attention

Most people would rather see their own physician or go to an emergency room in their hometown, however, if you are involved in an accident out of town you should still seek emergency medical attention. Your health and wellness should always be a priority. Going to the emergency room also shows proof of your injury, which in turn, helps your case.

Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney

When dealing with an out-of-state car accident it is possible that an out of state car accident attorney is required. However, it isn’t always the case. It is possible that your lawyer can settle your case with the insurance company, and you won’t actually have to file suit.

Filing for Insurance Claim

If you are forced to file an insurance claim because of a car accident out of state, an experienced car accident attorney can make sure your case is handled properly. If for some reason the insurance company denies your claim, then your attorney can help you file a lawsuit in a court (no need for you to worry about traveling out of state).

Contact An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer

Call (713) 524-8139 or go online to set up a free consultation with an experienced car accident attorney at Pusch and Nguyen Law Firm. The consultation is free, and you pay nothing until your case is settled. Click here for more details.

By |2020-06-10T09:05:34+00:00April 30th, 2020|Blog|
Call Now ButtonCall Now