MILLIONS RECOVERED FOR OUR CLIENTS
|CLIENT'S NET RECOVERY||CASE TYPE||DAMAGE|
|$300,000.00||car accident||Neck Injury|
|$700,000.00||commercial accident||Low Back Injury|
|$1,000,000.00||18 wheeler accident||Head Injury|
|$200,000.00||truck accident||Shoulder Injury|
|$249,000.00||motorcycle accident||Neck Injury|
|$150,000.00||pedestrian accident||Low Back Injury|
|$100,000.00||rideshare accident||Knee Injury|
|$117,000.00||electric scooter||Wrist Injury|
|$315,000.00||car accident||Neck and Lower Back Injury|
|$283,000.00||18 wheeler accident||Broken Ribs|
|$174,000.00||truck accident||Fractured Ankle|
|$190,000.00||motorcycle accident||Head Injury|
|$580,000.00||rideshare accident||Low back and Neck Injury|
|$900,000.00||electric scooter||Low Back Injury|
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Zantac Lawsuit Lawyer Houston
What is Zantac?
Zantac or ranitidine hydrochloride falls in the class of drugs known as histamine H2-receptor antagonists, which simply put means H2 blockers. The purpose of this drug is to reduce the amount of acid produced by one’s stomach.
The dosage of Zantac varies between 75 and 150 mg tablets, though some patients may also take a daily Zantac dosage of 300mg.
Since the time it came out in the market during the 1980s, many studies have indicated a link between NDMA present in Zantac and cancer. The mounting evidence also allegedly shows that the big pharma companies making Zantac, Sanofi and Boehringer Ingelheim, covered the link between Zantac and cancer from the innumerable people who took the medication for heartburn, duodenal and gastric ulcers, Barrett’s esophagus, gastroesophageal reflux disease, sour stomach, and other issues. This dishonesty with the public came up, contributing the companies to generate extraordinary profits from Zantac, which became the first drug to generate $1 billion in sales.
Why is Zantac Used?
Zantac or ranitidine oral tablet is taken for the treatment of various conditions; these include:
- Erosive esophagitis
- Stomach and intestinal ulcers
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Any condition where the stomach produces excessive acid-like Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
How Does Zantac Work?
Side effects of Zantac
Significant Side effects of Zantac
- Abnormal heart rate with symptoms like tiredness, shortness of breath, and a very rapid heart rate.
- Liver inflammation with symptoms like stomach pain, tiredness, dark urine, and skin or eyes’ whites becoming yellow.
- Brain function changes with symptoms like depression, confusion, blurry vision, agitation and hallucinations.
Zantac may interact with other medicines.
Drugs that should not be used with ranitidine:
Interactions increasing the risk of side effects.
- Warfarin: taking warfarin and ranitidine can increase the risk of bleeding or blood clots, if you are taking these drugs together, your doctor may monitor you much closer.
- Glipizide: your risk for low blood sugar levels can increase when ranitidine is taken with glipizide, you may have to take a blood sugar test or test your blood sugar more often when starting or stopping to take ranitidine with it.
- Procainamide: a high dosage of ranitidine, if taken with procainamide, may cause severe side effects from procainamide.
- Triazolam and Midazolam: When ranitidine is taken with either of these two drugs, it can raise the risk of severe drowsiness that may last quite long as well.
Interactions that reduce the effectiveness of your drugs
- Gefitinib: if you are taking ranitidine and gefitinib with antacid sodium bicarbonate, even the gefitinib might not work. Hence you should consult your doctor if you are on both ranitidine and gefitinib.
- Atazanavir: if you have to take ranitidine and atazanavir together, your doctor shall suggest the interval you should choose between the dosage of each of these drugs.
Warnings for people with specific medical conditions
- People having kidney issues: If you have kidney disease or a history of any such illness, your body might not be able to clear this drug well from your body. It may lead to increased ranitidine levels in the body, causing further side effects.
- People with liver issues: people with liver diseases or a history of so might find it challenging to process the drug well. It will increase the ranitidine level in the body, causing further side effects.
- People with gastric cancer: ranitidine lowers the acid levels in the stomach, which will help remove any symptoms of a gastrointestinal condition. However, if a gastric cancerous tumor triggers these symptoms, you will still have the tumor as this drug doesn’t treat cancer.
- People with acute porphyria (inherited blood disorder): This drug must not be used if one has a history of acute porphyria attack, as it can trigger the condition again.
Warning for others
- Seniors: Older adults have kidneys that may not work as well as that of a younger adult, and so their bodies take a little longer to process any drug. It leads to the drug staying in the body for longer, raising the risk of experiencing its side effects. In some cases, this drug can even cause hallucinations, confusion, depression, and agitation, occurring mostly in very ill senior adults.
- Children: Ranitidine is not declared safe for use for children, or even useful for them, who are younger than one month in any condition. Moreover, it is not safe and effective, even for those younger than 18 years for conditions where their stomach might be making too much acid. These conditions may include Zollinger-Ellison syndrome as well.
- For pregnant women: A research conducted on animals did not show any evidence of being risky to pregnancy. However, animal studies are not always accurate to predict how a human body reacts to a specific medication. Moreover, there aren’t adequate studies for this drug in pregnant women to observe if it’s harmful. Hence, during pregnancy Zantac should only be used in an apparent emergency as needed. You must call the doctor right away if you get pregnant while using the drug.
- Breastfeeding women: You should inform your doctor before taking this drug as ranitidine can pass in breast milk causing side effects in the child being breastfed. You should consult your doctor, who will help you weigh the pros of breastfeeding compared with this drug’s consumption.
Zantac and ranitidine making it to the news
Ranitidine and NDMA Formation
How do I qualify for a Zantac lawsuit?
- Zantac Use: Potential plaintiffs shall prove that they consumed Zantac or any other ranitidine medication. Those having a prescription can provide this proof by presenting the prescription through medical records. However, those who took Zantac over the counter should have a receipt and any other evidence as well showing the drug was consumed by them, like a doctor’s note or statement.
- Cancer Diagnosis: The primary injury claimed for in a ranitidine and Zantac lawsuit is cancer. The potential plaintiff shall need a diagnosis of any cancer type linked with NDMA. Lawyers highlight the intestine, bladder, stomach, colorectal, liver, and esophageal cancer as the main types of cancers associated with NDMA in claims.
- The connection between Zantac and Cancer Diagnosis: Generally, taking a high dosage of Zantac can help prove this connection. The case is also affected by the length of time someone takes the drug. For instance, some lawyers tell that plaintiffs should have taken the drug for at least one year before receiving the cancer diagnosis.
Is there a Zantac Class Action?
Lawyers have filed many Zantac class actions on behalf of people in California, Connecticut, New Jersey, Florida, and Massachusetts. The class action can be joined by anyone who bought genetic ranitidine or Zantac. It is not necessary to have a cancer diagnosis, and only proof is required that they did not get any warning about the risk of cancer-associated when purchasing the drug. Instead of claiming personal injuries, these class actions argue that the drug is flawed, and people who bought them are entitled to a refund.