MILLIONS RECOVERED FOR OUR CLIENTS
|CLIENT'S NET RECOVERY||CASE TYPE||DAMAGE|
|$300,000.00||car accident||Neck Injury|
|$700,000.00||commercial accident||Low Back Injury|
|$1,000,000.00||18 wheeler accident||Head Injury|
|$200,000.00||truck accident||Shoulder Injury|
|$249,000.00||motorcycle accident||Neck Injury|
|$150,000.00||pedestrian accident||Low Back Injury|
|$100,000.00||rideshare accident||Knee Injury|
|$117,000.00||electric scooter||Wrist Injury|
|$315,000.00||car accident||Neck and Lower Back Injury|
|$283,000.00||18 wheeler accident||Broken Ribs|
|$174,000.00||truck accident||Fractured Ankle|
|$190,000.00||motorcycle accident||Head Injury|
|$580,000.00||rideshare accident||Low back and Neck Injury|
|$900,000.00||electric scooter||Low Back Injury|
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
What Must I Consider Before Hiring An Accident Lawyer
- Does the San Antonio accident attorney or law firm actively litigate? Keep in mind most law firms do not maintain a real litigation practice. In other words, such lawyers or law firms rarely file lawsuits in response to unreasonable settlement offers by an insurance carrier. You only get one shot at this. It is essential you hire a real Texas Trial lawyer. Pusch & Nguyen, are highly respected by Texas auto insurance carriers and insurance defense lawyers. We have the necessary financial resources to take on any corporate defendant or insurance giant. We have successfully resolved lawsuits against Geico, State Farm, Progressive, Allstate, USAA among many others.
- We will assist you with obtaining medical treatment and resolving all bills. Our goal is to ensure our clients are not left holding the proverbial bag of medical bills at the resolution of their case. We understand this is your most vulnerable hour and remain steadfast in our desire to make your life easier.
- We provide personal attention. Pusch & Nguyen has built its business off word of mouth referrals and reviews by extremely satisfied former clients. That speaks volumes about the service we offer San Antonio Car accident victims. The greatest compliment is the referral of a new client by a former one.
- We value our relationships with clients. It is difficult if not impossible to provide competent representation if you do not take time to get to know your client. We must illustrate how this act of negligence has diminished our client’s quality of life. How will these injuries prevent impact our client’s life, their ability to work and engage in daily activities? The only way to answer these questions is by taking the time to learn their story.
- Several studies demonstrate that injury victims represented by counsel net far more money. Yes, that is right. A car accident victim will net (not just gross) on average three times as much money as those who opt to go it alone and represent him or herself. Insurance carriers are in the risk management business. An individual without a law license has no bite behind their bark. The insurance carriers are only worried about being hit with a large jury verdict when they could have resolved the claim for much less. Insurance carriers have little to worry about when dealing ONLY with the accident victim.
- It is urgent your hire a competent and aggressive accident lawyer immediately. Time is of the essence. The insurance carrier will often have legal counsel looking at this claim from the outset. The sooner you hire Pusch & Nguyen the more effective we can be. Our goal is to immediately investigate the claim before witnesses and evidence disappear. Further, you will have numerous questions regarding medical treatment, bills, lost wages and the whole process in general. We want to put our client at ease by enabling him or her to focus solely on their recovery from injuries such as a herniated disc, torn rotator cuff, back pain, neck pain which are just a few of the ailments we commonly see.
Whether you had to miss work due to the accident or you have any type of injury, including long term disabilities, an accident injury lawyer with Pusch & Nguyen will be able to help. Our San Antonio personal injury lawyers will fight for our clients to ensure that they receive compensation for their injuries and all non-economic damages. With the number of car accidents in San Antonio on the rise, you need a lawyer for car accidents who will fight tooth and nail for you!
GET LEGAL HELP FROM A SAN ANTONIO CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY TODAY!
OVERVIEW OF SAN ANTONIO VEHICLE STATISTICS
Texas has not had a death-free day on its roads since November 2000. Statistics show a new death occurs on Texas roads every 2 hours and 25 minutes, and injuries occur every 2 minutes and 7 seconds. Statewide, the number of annual accidents is over 540,000.
- 1 person was killed every 2 hours 25 minutes
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 7 seconds
- 1 reportable crash occurred every 58 seconds
It is easy to assume that drunk driving is responsible for these elevated numbers. Undeniably intoxication and speeding are the leading culprits behind the statistics; however, it is also important to note that distracted driving plays a large role. Distracted driving diverts a driver’s attention away from the road and is alarmingly dangerous, coming in third on the list of causes of collisions.
WE HANDLE ALL TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENTS
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Drug related claims
- Hit and run collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Texting and driving
- Rollover accidents
- Rideshare accidents
Contact us at Pusch & Nguyen
THE CLAIMS PROCESS
FILING THE INSURANCE CLAIM
HOW TO HANDLE INSURANCE ADJUSTERS
REVIEWING OFFERS TO SETTLE
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT IN SAN ANTONIO TX?
VERIFY THAT EVERYONE IS ALRIGHT
GET MEDICAL HELP
CALL THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES
GET THE OTHER DRIVER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
TALK TO ANY WITNESSES
TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS
GET A COPY OF THE POLICE REPORT
A study shows that you have a 40% higher chance of having a car accident in San Antonio than in larger cities, like Los Angeles! Therefore, as responsible citizens, it is important that you know your rights and how to defend them in case of such an unfortunate event!
TYPES AND SEVERITY OF INJURIES FROM A CAR ACCIDENT
- Whiplash– Whiplash Injuries occurs due to a forceful jerking motion applied on the neck. Typically, these types of injuries are caused when a vehicle is struck from a location the driver is not suspecting.
- Concussions– Concussions are caused when the head is either pulled or knocked in a direction so forcefully that the brain is bruised from its forceful contact with the skull.
- Broken Bones– When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents.
- Internal Bleeding– Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent but can quickly cause death if not seen to immediately.
- Spinal Cord Injuries–Spinal injuries are caused by an extreme amount of force that causes the spine to either move in an unnatural direction or bends due to an incredible amount of force. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body and any damage can often result in serious issues throughout the body.
Contact us at Pusch & Nguyen
TYPES AND SEVERITY OF INJURIES FROM A CAR ACCIDENT
- Whiplash– Whiplash Injuries occurs due to a forceful jerking motion applied on the neck. Typically, these types of injuries are caused when a vehicle is struck from a location the driver isn’t suspecting. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions– Concussions are caused when the head is either pulled or knocked in a direction so forcefully that the brain is bruised from its forceful contact with the skull. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones– When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding– Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not seen to immediately. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries– Much like whiplash injuries or concussions, spinal injuries are caused by an extreme amount of force that causes the spine to either move in an unnatural direction, or bends due to an incredible amount of force. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
While these are the most common injuries that we see, if you have any other medical ailments that arose from a car accident in San Antonio, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in San Antonio at once.
HOW DO I FILE A POLICE REPORT IN TEXAS?
Texas law requires that a police report be filed in the event of injuries or a fatality at an accident, or if there is more than $1,000 in property damage. If a police officer does not show up to the scene for whatever reason, you canfile a reportonline. After giving a report to police, you’ll need to take down as much information as you possibly can from the other driver and about the accident in general.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much does a San Antonio lawyer typically charge?
- During the free consultation, there is no fee required
- Until our client has a successful compensation, we do not charge the client
- We do not take payment from a client’s pocket; we do wait and get it from the client’s settlement.
- ANYONE can afford to hire the right as attorney for a car accident case claim. This is because someone does not need extra money on hand to hire a car accident attorney.
What happens in a car accident lawsuit?
- The preparation and filing of the petition
- Ensuring other necessary motions are filed
- The discovery process, this entails obtaining the detailed information and evidence from the other party
- The negotiations of terms of the settlement
- Trial process
Do I have a case?
Should I accept a settlement offer?
What an average settlement?
How do you determine the value of a claim?
o $30,000 per injured person
o $60,000 per accident for personal injuries
o $25,000 per accident for property damage
What do I do if the insurance company denied my claim?
o Your policy lapsed or it was canceled. If you don’t pay your insurance premiums or fail to submit information the insurance company has requested, this can cause a lapse in coverage or an altogether cancelation.
o Your policy isn’t full coverage. When signing up for your insurance policy, you may have chosen to only have coverage that covers damage to other people. This is called liability insurance. If you carry liability insurance, your limits may not offer enough coverage for your personal injuries.
o Your name is not on the policy. This can happen if you were driving someone else’s car or maybe you were driving a commercial vehicle but weren’t listed on the policy.
o You failed to report the accident. If you were in an accident but you didn’t report it to your insurance company, this may constitute a waiver of coverage.
TEXAS LIABILITY LAWS
- Duty – The other person, a.k.a the defendant, owed a duty of care to you, the plaintiff. This is true every time a person drives a car. A duty is owed to all the other drivers that you drive as safely as possible.
- Breach of Duty – By failing to exercise reasonable care, the defendant put you in jeopardy. If the defendant was speeding, inattentive or under the influence, these would all qualify as actions which breached the duty of care.
- Cause in Fact – The actions of the defendant directly caused harm to you and/or your property, and would not have happened otherwise if the defendant wasn’t careless.
- Proximate Cause – This means that the potential harm caused by the plaintiff should have been foreseeable, which may be the most difficult aspect of negligence to prove, depending on the situation.
ACCIDENT INVOLVING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH [TRANSPORTATION CODE § 550.021]
(a) The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident that results or is reasonably likely to result in injury to or death of a person shall:
(1) immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close to the scene as possible;
(2) immediately return to the scene of the accident if the vehicle is not stopped at the scene of the accident;
(3) immediately determine whether a person is involved in the accident and, if a person is involved in the accident, whether that person requires aid; and
(4) remain at the scene of the accident until the operator complies with the requirements of Section 550.023.
(b) An operator of a vehicle required to stop the vehicle by Subsection (a) shall do so without obstructing traffic more than is necessary.
(c) A person commits an offense if the person does not stop or does not comply with the requirements of this section.
SUMMARY: If an accident caused or might have caused injury or death, drivers are required to stop, check on others involved, render aid if required, and remain at the scene until the crash is reported. [§ 550.021]
ACCIDENT INVOLVING DAMAGE TO VEHICLE [TRANSPORTATION CODE § 550.022]
(a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), the operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting only in damage to a vehicle that is driven or attended by a person shall:
(1) immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close as possible to the scene of the accident without obstructing traffic more than is necessary;
(2) immediately return to the scene of the accident if the vehicle is not stopped at the scene of the accident; and
(3) remain at the scene of the accident until the operator complies with the requirements of Section 550.023 (Duty to Give Information and Render Aid).
SUMMARY: You must stop and remain at the scene of an accident, even if it only causes damage to vehicles or other property. When you stop, you must do so at a place that doesn’t impede traffic or create a hazard, if possible. If you need to travel a short distance to accomplish that, it’s okay. [§ 550.022]
DUTY TO GIVE INFORMATION AND RENDER AID [TRANSPORTATION CODE § 550.023]
SUMMARY: If an accident causes an injury or death, you must stop and exchange your personal details and insurance information with other parties. Additionally, if anyone was injured, you are required to help them secure medical help. That can be accomplished by calling 911 or even driving them to the hospital yourself. [§ 550.023]
STRIKING AN UNATTENDED VEHICLE – [TRANSPORTATION CODE § 550.024]
SUMMARY: It’s a crime to hit a parked car and drive away without leaving your insurance information in a place where the owner can find it. [§ 550.024]
STRIKING A STRUCTURE, FIXTURE, OR HIGHWAY LANDSCAPING – [TRANSPORTATION CODE § 550.025]
SUMMARY: It’s considered a hit and run if, after you hit a piece of property with your car, you leave the scene without attempting to notify the owner or leaving your insurance information for them to find. [§ 550.025]
IMMEDIATE REPORT OF ACCIDENT – [TRANSPORTATION CODE § 550.025]
- The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of a person or damage to a vehicle to the extent that it cannot be normally and safely driven shall immediately by the quickest means of communication give notice of the accident to the:
- local police department if the accident occurred in a municipality;
- local police department or the sheriff’s office if the accident occurred not more than 100 feet outside the limits of a municipality; or
- sheriff’s office or the nearest office of the department if the accident is not required to be reported under Subdivision (1) or (2).
SUMMARY: Any accident that causes injury, death, or significant property damage must be reported to the San Antonio Police Department or Bexar County Sheriff’s Office immediately. [§ 550.026]
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS – CIVIL CODE §16.003
SUMMARY: If a car accident is the result of negligence, you will have up to two years to file a lawsuit for damages. The statute of limitations begins to run whenever you discover your injuries. [§16.003] In Texas, the statute of limitations for filing a claim is two years after the accident which caused the injury. However, if those injuries then lead directly to the person’s death, the two year statute starts from the time of the death. If you are under the age of 18 at the time of the accident, then you would have until two years from the time you turn 18 to file a claim.
LIABILITY OF A MUNICIPALITY – CIVIL CODE § 101.0215
(3) street construction and design;
(4) bridge construction and maintenance and street maintenance;
(21) regulation of traffic;
(24) vehicle and motor-driven equipment maintenance;
(25) parking facilities;
(30) engineering functions; and
(31) maintenance of traffic signals, signs, and hazards.